Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Biggest Fears...

All of us are afraid of something.  I have heard that the most common fear is speaking in public, the second is the fear of death.  I guess this means many people would rather die than speak in public.  Hmmmm, something to think about.  My daughter is afraid of bugs, especially spiders.  I had a neighbor who was deathly afraid of snakes.  A male friend of mine was terrified of clowns...Ronald McDonald approached him at an assembly he was attending with his children and he threatened to punch him.  Now THAT is fear! 

I can honestly say that none of those fears are my greatest one.  I do hate snakes, but hate mice more.  Clowns are kind of creepy but I can't say that they scare me.  I NEVER mind speaking, be it private or public and I am quite content with my life after death.  Spiders and bugs do not phase me.  What am I afraid of you ask?  One thing...ONE can send shivers down my spine and make my blood turn cold.  One thing can give me nightmares at night and wake me in terror...laundry!

Laundry is the most evil, most detestable curse placed on the human race.  It never EVER ends!!  EVER!!!  I throw the clothes in the washer, put them in the dryer while another load goes in the washer.  The load is dry so I put them in the hamper to fold and then...AAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!!  They never get folded!  There is always an interruption or distraction and then there are two loads to fold then three until I am staring at the foot of Mt. Never-rest!  I cannot tell you how many curse words have been mumbled from my lips while trying to find something to wear in the morning in this pile of death!  There is no greater feeling of relief than to tame this savage beast...to have all of the laundry folded and put away, everything in its place.  Doesn't that feel good?  Ahh yes, until you open the dryer and find...(blood curdling scream)...MORE LAUNDRY!!!   (shiver)

I think I will sleep with the light on tonight...the world just isn't safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment