Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury as Me in the Traffic Line at School

My family makes so much fun of me regarding my road rage.  I admit it fully that I suffer from this issue.  I can be in a perfectly good mood when some idiot cuts me off and I am ready to ring his/her neck!  STUPID DRIVER!!! GET OFF THE ROAD!!  Oh, I'm sorry...I forgot myself for a minute.  I don't think that I am alone in this problem.  We all seem to be short fused these days with all of the hustle and bustle going on in our lives.  Road rage is not the only time we may show our frustrations.  There are other triggers that may cause some of our hissie fits.  I thought maybe we would look at a few of them:

Road Rage:  This is the easiest situation for me to lose my temper, probably because no one can hear what I say.  I'm not one of those crazy people that gets out of their car and starts a fight...I just sit cowardly in my car and mouth off.  The thing that sets me off more than anything else is the traffic line at my kids school in the morning when I drop them off.  AAAAARRRGH!!!  The rule is; pull up to the end of the sidewalk so that ten cars can unload as opposed to dropping them off at the door so that two can.  This is not hard to understand!!!!  In April, parents will still be doing this.  Why must you torment me!!!??? 

Shopping Cart Rage:  Ever walked down the aisle of a supermarket only to find it blocked by some lady who has parked her cart in the middle and is standing beside it taking her own sweet time reading the nutrition facts on a box of Wheat Thins?  MOVE!!!!  You know what lady?  When you get home you aren't going to care what those Wheat Thins say...you are totally gonna binge on a box of Chips Ahoy so just get out of my way and go get your cookies!!!  My usual response is an obnoxiously loud, "Excuse me!" then I grab my cookies and go on my way...grumbling of course.

Lazy Family Rage:  You are busily straightening the house, doing laundry, dusting, vacuuming, the works.  You look up only to find that the kids are playing video games and your husband is watching the game.  Unbelievable!!!  The tirade that soon follows is best said behind closed doors.  I usually like to inform my family that without me they would probably starve and drowned in their own filth!  They tend to go on about their relaxing while I am now cleaning vigorously due to the increase in adrenaline.  How do they always WIN!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

These are just a few of the rages that I have observed.  There are many more but I'm afraid if I list them, my sanity might come into question... 

No comments:

Post a Comment