Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lessons in Humility...Part 2

If there is one thing that I have learned from being a mom it is this, your children will tell you exactly what you don't want to know!  Never ask your kids if these pants make your butt look big, they will tell you.  Never ask your kids if they like your new hair color, they will tell you.  Always save these questions for people who you KNOW will lie to you gracefully.

I recently took the kids to the dentist for their check up and cleaning.  This kind of thing always makes you feel good as a mother because you know you are doing something good for your kids.  So I'm feeling really good about myself and the visit and the kids teeth look so clean and white...aaaaahh, life is good.  I look at my daughter and say, "Baby, your teeth look so pretty and white."  to which she replies, "Then maybe you should get your teeth cleaned too Mom."  Note to self, pick up whitening strips on the way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment