Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lessons in Humility...Part 1

I love to dance!  I have always loved to dance from the time I was a little girl and even now.  I work in the retail field and many of the people that I work with are young people in college who like to go to the clubs and dance.  I too used to enjoy this activity when I was younger and more, shall we say, flexible.  One Friday night a group of women were going to go dancing and invited me to come along.  Of course I would go!!  I love to dance!!  So off I went to go play with the young folk.

I arrive ready to teach some lessons!  I'll teach these girls how it's done.  They will envy my moves that are seconded ONLY by my infinite wisdom!  We hit the dance floor and I am feeling pretty in love with myself, I still got it.  My booty is shaking, sweat is rolling, then a voice comes up from behind me, "Lisa, you need to move faster."  What?!  Move faster?!  "You move your hips to slow, you need to move them faster."  I inform her, "This is as fast as they go!  If I go any faster I may pee my pants!"  And thus ends my cool reign...

No comments:

Post a Comment