Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crazy Attorney Say Whuuuuuuut?

In case you were not yet aware, the world is nuts...bonkers...crazy...ridiculous!  Every time I read the news, there is something more bizarre to make me question humanity.  Such as...

An attorney in California has presented a ballot to be voted on that would allow citizens to execute homosexuals by "bullets to the head."  Why?  Because as attorney Matthew McLaughlin states, gay sex is "a monstrous evil that the Almighty God commands us to suppress on pain of utter destruction." Apparently, McLaughlin fears a Sodom and Gomorrah repeat and wants to propose that, "anyone who touches a person of the same gender for sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by other convenient methods."  Now if that isn't spreading the love of Jesus, I don't know what is!  There are so many angles to approach here, I think I will just ask them all at once.  What the hell kinda psycho proposal is this!  How the hell did California make it so easy to allow psychos to propose something so ludicrous?  Who the hell is going to sign the petition required to actually make it to the voting booth?  What the hell is happening in California??!!  The good news is that the attorney general and other officials are planning on blocking the proposal.  The legality of the ballot could never pass regardless, but what an eye opener as to how ignorance knows no bounds and surpasses all classes.  Religious extremism is in all religions and it is dangerous.  Which brings me to...

Phil Robertson was recently speaking at a fundraiser, a prayer breakfast I might add, and offered an illustration for atheism.  The illustration vividly depicted an atheist family being the victim of rape, decapitation and murder.  He said in this illustration as the perpetrators were raping the daughters and killing them and their mother, that they would look at the atheist father and say, "Isn't it great that I don't have to worry about being judged?  Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this?  There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?"  Crazy Duck Commander say whuuuuuuuut?  Let me get this straight, being an atheist means that you think anything goes?  NO!  Being an atheist means you do not believe in a deity, end of story.  Being an atheist does not mean that you hold no moral code or that you do not respect the laws of society.  It means you do not believe in God.  Hmmmmm...seems to be a common thread here.  Can you say extremism?  Yeah I thought so.

I am not attacking Jesus here, I am however, questioning the religious extremism that shows it's ugly head and labels all believers in God as prejudice haters that have no common sense.  This makes me angry.  This disgusts me.  Remember that whole "love your neighbor" stuff?  Yeah, that means everyone.  Remember how Jesus chose a tax collector as a disciple along with a bunch of simple fishermen?  Remember how he chose a murderer as an apostle?  What about the prostitute that he saved from stoning?  I seem to recall Jesus healing on the Sabbath oh and there was that whole eating with the Gentiles thing.  Seems to me that Jesus showed...wait for it...love, to win souls.  What a concept!!  I do remember him getting pretty ticked off...at religious leaders.  Religious zealot says whuuuuuut?


No comments:

Post a Comment