Friday, September 16, 2011

They're Playing My Song

I find it amazing how we see ourselves as opposed to how others see us.  When I look in the mirror, I don't see a middle aged woman.  I just see me.  But I can be talking to someone about their aches and pains and they start saying, "Yeah we're getting up there aren't we?"  Whose we?  What is this we stuff? 

I consider myself fairly confident, I mean I'm in my forties and I have NO cellulite.  Ok well I'm in my forties and my butt is no bigger than when I was 21.  Ok well I have no gray hair.  Ok so let's just say I have learned how to dress to hide flaws and have a great hair stylist.  Are you happy now? 

One thing age has given me is a confidence I didn't have in my younger years.  But along with that confidence comes a few unexpected surprises.  I wonder what it would be like if we had theme music to follow us and play according to our moods.  When I am walking down the street, hair blowing in the wind, looking confidently ahead...everyone could hear, "There she was just a walkin' down the street singing doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy do..."  Then when I get to my destination and I am forced to go up a flight of steps, Vincent Price comes on, "As she walks up the stairs of death.  She is starting to find that she's out of breath.  The sound of her knees as they begin to creak. Peace and comfort is what she must seek."  Now at the top of the stairs I am limping and wheezing to the office door..."Take my breath awayyyyyyyyy...take my breath awayyyyy." 

I'm thinking theme music might not be a good idea.  But wouldn't it be fun for other events?  Like you've had it with your current relationship, "To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left."  Or when you get cut off in traffic, "Hit me with your best shot!  C'MON, hit me with you best shot."  Or when you finally get that big promotion/proposal/boob job..."Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!"  Theme music would be cool then, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment