Monday, October 18, 2010

A House Divided!

There are several different things that can divide a household such as; politics, religion, and financial handling just to name a few.  What divides my household you might ask?  College sports!  I am a die hard Kentucky Wildcat fan and my fiance' is a die hard Louisville Cardinal fan.  Anyone who is familiar with the rivalry can attest that it is deep rooted.  One would almost believe that we are doomed from the start!  Since this is a potentially volatile situation, I have come up with some ideas to help keep the peace in our relationship:

I bought two Christmas ornaments, one UK and one U of L to hang on our tree.  I really have no idea how his became a doggy chew toy.  That is just a shame!  Oh well, my UK one will still look pretty.

I am putting out garden flags to support both teams.  My UK flag will be in the flower garden in the front yard.  I placed his Louisville flag in a special place as well...see it over there in the backyard behind the storage building?  Doesn't it look great?

On game day we support our favorite team by wearing our favorite team shirt.  I wear my blue and white proudly!  What??  How did bleach get on his new Louisville hoodie!??!  Wonders never cease.

I will watch my UK games in the living room and he will watch his Louisville games in the den.  How did the cord get cut off of the television in the den?  Now that is a mystery.

I am very proud of myself for making this effort to not let this rivalry get in the way of such a beautiful relationship.  I am confident that once these "coincidences" work themselves out, all will be well. (walks away whistling innocently)

No comments:

Post a Comment