Saturday, April 6, 2013

March Madness or Madly in Love...

There's a lot of things that can go wrong in a marriage...adultery, financial stress, irreconcilable differences.  Every day we wake up and choose to love our mate one more day.  Some couples manage to make this look easy, but what about those who married "outside the box."  Those who said, "I don't care what my friends say!  I don't care what my family says!  I don't care about what society thinks!  I love you dammit!"  Those are the ones who should be held up in admiration...those are the ones who should write books and lead seminars.  Living on the fringe of society...I know this challenge.  I understand what lies ahead.  I, a Kentucky Wildcat fan, have chosen with a clear mind and open heart, to love a Louisville Cardinal fan.  I choose every morning as I roll over and see his Cardinal-loving face...to love this man.  Every time I open my closet and see the endless red shirts with that stupid ass bird on them...I choose to love him.  Every Final Four I prepare for the yelling match that will ensue if our teams meet on the court...but...I still choose love.  And even now, as the Big Blue Nation sits back and waits for a better year next year; even now, as my husband watches his Louisville team on television as they play in the Final Four; even now, as I sit in the kitchen flipping him off through the wall because he is yelling at said television...I choose to love this man.  Marriage is tough.  March Madness is tougher... 

No comments:

Post a Comment